Imagine this: you are sitting down in a dimly lit corner, grappling to finish up your latest software project. Your old laptop is holding up well, allowing you to get most of the work done. It is a struggle, but it is the life of a computer student, where the daily activities involve solving problems – and the laptop is your most trusted tool. Now, picture this – your computer freezes, or its battery dies as you are about to complete your work. The task becomes twice as hard, and you can’t stop wondering, “Could I have avoided this?”
The simple answer is “yes.” The importance of laptops for computer science students cannot be overstated. Whether you are looking to debug, program or run simulations, you will need a device that can handle everything you throw at it on a daily basis. Unfortunately, with so many options, it can be relatively challenging to find the best machine that can do the job. To make your work a little easier, we have created this laptop buying guide for computer science students.
Essential Features in Laptops for Computer Science Students
Here are a few features and specs to look for in laptops for programming students:
- Performance - The best laptops for coding and development should be at least a 9th-generation or higher intel multi-core processor. RAM should be at least 8 GB, but a 16 GB option is highly recommended. For storage, 256 GB should be enough for files, tools and apps. It is essential to choose refurbished laptops for students with SSD over HDD because SSD can access data at a much higher speed, improving the overall performance of your computer
- Operating system and system compatibility - When choosing top laptops for coding students, you must consider the operating system, including Windows, macOS and Linux. Windows offers a higher software compatibility, allowing you to find support for a wide range of programming languages. Linux and macOS, on the other hand, are more developer-friendly, with pre-loaded development hardware and tools. Choosing refurbished laptops for computer science students with operating systems that are compatible with your software is crucial to the success of your project because they enhance efficiency and workflow while minimising frustrations.
- Display and graphics - Laptops for programming students should have high-quality display and graphics. Look for Full HD (1980x1080) resolution for a better coding experience. An integrated graphics card is often enough for any programming task. However, if you intend to perform other GPU-accelerated tasks during your free time, you might want to invest in discrete GPUs.
- Battery life and portability - Best laptops for coding and development should have long battery life, especially if you will be attending classes and writing programs throughout the day. A long battery life ensures productivity and flexibility, allowing you to work on your projects anywhere and anytime. You should also consider getting a lightweight laptop, especially if you will be carrying it around campus the entire day.
Refurbished Laptops: A Cost-Effective Choice
Finding a perfect balance between performance and affordability can be relatively challenging when shopping for laptops for computer science students. Luckily, there is a solution that not only helps you overcome your budget constraints but also provides the best laptops for coding and development: refurbished laptops.
What are Refurbished Laptops?
Refurbished laptops refer to used or pre-owned laptops that have gone through inspection and repairs to restore them to new-like condition. Users often return these laptops to retailers or manufacturers due to minor defects, customer returns or cosmetic issues. Once they are inspected and refurbished, these devices are put back on sale at a significantly lower price than their original.
Advantages of Refurbished Laptops for Students
Choosing refurbished laptops for computer science students offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Cost savings - As mentioned, refurbished laptops for students have a significantly lower price compared to their brand-new counterparts. That is especially important for students with budget constraints.
- Environmental-friendliness - Opting for refurbished laptops for computer students helps in the efforts to reduce electronic waste and minimise the impact on the environment.
- Higher Specs for lower price - With refurbished laptops for computer science students, you can meet programming laptop requirements at a much lower price. In simpler terms, your laptop will have more processing power, storage and RAM and still remain within budget.
- Better quality - Refurbished laptops undergo refurbishment and testing before they are put back on the market. For that reason, opting for these options ensures you get a more reliable and better-quality product.
How to Buy a Quality Refurbished Laptop?
The first step to purchasing a top-quality refurbished laptop for computer science students is finding a reputable seller. If you are in the market for top laptops for coding students, look no further than Wisetek Store. With over 14 years of experience in the industry, our store is a reliable dealer in top-quality refurbished electronics, such as refurbished laptops, refurbished phones, refurbished tablets, refurbished desktops, refurbished monitors and other accessories.
Our goal is to ensure you get absolute quality at affordable prices. For that reason, we include a comprehensive 12-month warranty and a 14-day money-back guarantee for any sale of our refurbished laptops for coding students.
Top Laptops for Coding Students
Finding the best refurbished laptops for computer science students can be relatively challenging. Here are a few of the top options in our catalogues:
- Dell Precision 5540 - CORE i7 – 9850H 2.60 GHZ, RAM 32 GB and HDD 512 GB. With these specs and a 15.5” screen, this is one of the best laptops for programming students.
- ALIENWARE M15 - CORE i9-8950HK 2.90GHZ, RAM 32 GB and 512 HDD storage. Its 15.5” screen is enough for your display needs and still maintains portability requirements.
- HP ELITEBOOK 830 G5 - CORE i5-8250U 1.6GHZ, 8GB RAM and 512 GB HDD storage. The 13.2” screen size is perfect for individuals looking for smaller-sized refurbished laptops for computer science students.
- APPLE MACBOOK PRO A1706 - CORE i7-6567U, 16GB RAM and 256GB HDD storage. With a 13.3” screen, this is one of the best laptops for computer science students.
You Might Also be Interested to Read: